Monday, February 2, 2009

Zaragoza










Last weekend I took a trip to the wonderful city of Zaragoza. I didn't have high expectations but I am happy to say that it was very impressive. The city center is beautiful, and everything about it is very friendly and pleasant. You can't walk more than a few blocks without stumbling upon a plaza (usually with a fountain of some kind).
Some highlights were touring unique basilicas, visiting the Mudejar-style fortress, biking past the flooded River Ebro at sunset, finding one of the most beautiful nighttime park scenes ever, seeing Goya's art for the first time (amazing), exploring a funky aquamarine hotel I just learned about in class, and visiting some impressive free museums.
All in all, it was a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I'm certainly getting bit by the travel bug as I read your blog! Thanks for sharing. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. the bridge in the first photo is amazing. good lighting, too! what a great time of day to photograph.

    keep the pictures coming! i feel as if i'm living vicariously through you, since the only pictures that i've taken so far this semester are of the sunset over the vacated spalding hall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, that bridge is amazing!!!!
    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. John- I sooo loved the description of Zaragoza. Love that you're blogging about this. Now please do me a favor since I pride myself on being a "foodie" (which I am really not I've just watched a few cooking shows and love to eat)...please indulge in more Spanish cuisine and write about it. Of course I'd love pictures but that may be asking too much. But if there's something totally unique you taste or smell or whatever please write about it! Otherwise, I'm loving the pictures and descriptions. I'm hoping your classes aren't too stressful? When is your extended break? Can't wait to hear about that too.
    Love you,
    Cal & Fam

    ReplyDelete