Thursday, March 26, 2009

Montserrat





I recently took a day trip to the pilgrimage site of Montserrat which is about an hour and a half away from Barcelona by train.. It's basically a very large mountain with very unique rock formations. There was an apparition of Mary here (I think) and now there's a basilica, monastery, and tons of other religious attractions near the peak. The landscape is extraordinary, and the church is quite pretty as well. It was really nice to get out into nature and breath some fresh air at last.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures, John! I want to run through the forest in the second picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an intriguing place! The natural beauty and remarkable rock formations are a sight to behold-I hope I can visit Montserrat someday. I agree with Cath- the path through the forest is most inviting!

    ReplyDelete