Friday, April 3, 2009

Morocco









The last Field Trip of the semester took us to the city of Fez in Morocco. Ironically, much of what we saw was wet,cold, and very green (not what I expected from Africa). We had several great tour guides who led us on excursions ranging from walking through the old city to exploring Roman ruins in the countryside. Going to Morocco was wildly different than any other field trip we've done. It was really interesting to experience another culture totally different from western Europe or the U.S. The form of their old city was the other highlight: it can only be characterized as a labyrinth and was completely mesmerizing.

4 comments:

  1. That is a great picture of the shoes! Definitely not what I imagined Morocco to look like, but amazing nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool pictures, John... my favorite is also of the shoes. I love all the colors. Glad to that you had a nice trip. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morocco looks so cool! At Epcot last year it was my favorite country. I like the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last shot overlooking an ancient town. It's the way I imagine things looked when Jesus was traveling around the Holy Land.(Although that town might be bigger than Jesus usually saw.) Thanks John!

    ReplyDelete